Where: Wallace Tumor Institute
1824 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294
Join us for our first Young Survivors Conference for ages 15 – 39. You can network with other survivors, interact with healthcare professionals and enjoy free fun activities!
Our keynote speaker will be Leonard Sender, M.D., the Medical Director of the Hyundai Cancer Institute at Children’s Hospital of Orange County and Chairman of Stupid Cancer—largest adolescent and young adult cancer survivor’s advocacy group in the United States.
Topics and workshops include:
• Coping with Treatment Effects
• Preserving Fertility
• Honest Talk about Social Relationships
• Guided Meditation from the Yoga Mat
• Rejoicing Rhythms
• What’s So Special about Good Nutrition and Exercise?
• Young Survivors Panel Discussion: share experiences and ask questions
For more information, contact Teri Hoenemeyer at (205) 934-5772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.