Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Pilot Grant Program Schedule
|Grant Title||Eligibility||Announcement Date||Grant Deadline||Funding Start Date|
|1.||Faculty Development Grant||All UAB Faculty||November 2013||Jan 17, 2014||April 2014|
|2.||Pilot Program Project Grant||3 or more investigators at any rank; at least one CCC member||March 5, 2014||June 1, 2014||August 2014|
|3.||Multi-Investigator Grant||2 or more investigators at any rank||May 5, 2014||June 27, 2014||September 2014|
|4.||Young Investigator Grants||Assistant Professor or Instructor; less than 3 yrs. in current position; no major extramural funding||July 7, 2014||August 25, 2014||October 2014|
|5.||ACS-Junior Faculty Development Grant||US Citizen; Assistant Professor or Instructor; 8 yrs. or less in current position; no major extramural funding||August 15, 2014||October 15, 2014||January 2015|
Young Investigator Grants
Application deadline: 5:00 p.m., August 25, 2014
The Young Supporters Board of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center is soliciting grant applications for the New Faculty Development Award in Cancer Research.
- Qualified applicants: Junior faculty members (Assistant Professors and Instructors) who have held any faculty position for three years or less and who have not received funding from a major national funding agency (except training awards). Cancer Center membership is not a requirement.
- Purpose of award: To provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related project by a junior faculty member to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
- Funding amount: Limited to a maximum of $40,000 for a 12-month period beginning October 1, 2014 and ending September 30, 2015.
- Electronic applications should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., August 25, 2014.
For additional information, please contact Susan Ruppert, firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Applications
American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants
DEADLINE: 5:00 PM October 15, 2014
- Applicants must be US citizens or legal permanent residents with a current junior faculty (Assistant Professor or Instructor) appointment
- The purpose of this grant is to provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related project to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
- $40,000, for a 12 month period beginning December 1, 2014.
CONTACT for questions about preparation and submission of applications: