The following funding opportunities are currently accepting applications. Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Applications: Pilot Program Project Grants
Deadline: Friday, May 23, 2014
The UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center is inviting applications for a Pilot Program Project Grant (pilot PPG) to support the development of interdisciplinary collaborations and specialized shared resource cores necessary for a competitive program project (P01) focused on cancer.
• Applications are open to all UAB faculty members (any rank) who are Cancer Center members.
• The purpose of these grants is to promote interactions between 3-4 established research programs that have complementary interests and the potential to develop into a multi-disciplinary research program with a well-defined cancer research focus and that would benefit from the development of specialized shared resources.
• Preference will be given to proposals with a clear thematic focus based on at least three independent projects with potential for synergistic collaborations, and considered likely to lead to co-author publications and a competitive P01 application.
• Acceptable grants will have a qualified senior investigator who may serve as PI, a description of 3-4 complementary and scientifically meritorious projects, and an overall description of planned integration of research projects and of shared resources that may be developed to enhance collaborative interactions.
• A budget page and budget justification for each project is requested.
• Each project must be from a different laboratory, with at least one project having an established cancer focus.
• Awards will be limited to a maximum of $50,000 per project, for a maximum of $150,000, for a 12 month period.