Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or email@example.com.
2015 Pilot Grant Schedule
|Funding Mechanism||Eligibility||Announcement Date||Grant Deadline||Amount|
|1.||Richard A. Elkus Eminent Scholars Program in GI Oncology Research||UAB Cancer Center Members holding a faculty position at any rank and leading an independent research program||01/06/2015||03/09/2015||$75,000 (one award)|
|2.||Pilot Grant in Pediatric Cancer||2 or more investigators at any rank; at least one from Pediatrics||04/07/2015||05/22/2015||$100,000 (one award)|
|3.||UAB National Clinical Trial Network LAPS Program||UAB investigators; Preference will be given to collaborations involving basic and clinical faculty||05/01/2015||07/01/2015||$10,000-$20,000 (5-10 awards)|
|4.||Young Supporters Board of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center New Faculty Development Award in Cancer Research||Assistant Prof. or Instructor; less than 3 yrs. in current position; no major extramural funding||06/04/2015||07/24/2015||$40,000 (two awards)|
|5.||Faculty Development Grant||Open to all faculty (or equivalent position) at any rank||08/10/2015||09/25/2015||$50,000 (three awards)|
|6.||ACS-IRG||Open to Junior Faculty, 6 years or less in current position, no major extramural funding||11/16/2015||01/15/2016||$40,000 (four awards)|
Request for Applications: ACS-IRG Junior Faculty Development Grants
DEADLINE: January 15, 2016
- Applicant should have a current junior faculty (Assistant Professor or Instructor) appointment at UAB for no more than 6 years
- US citizenship not required but applicant should have a valid US visa for the duration of the pilot grant.
- The applicant should not have received significant extramural funding such as an RO1, DOD or Komen grants. Training grants are allowed.
- The purpose of this grant is to provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related (in the broadest sense) project to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
- Three awards in any area of cancer research
- One award in an Area of Special Interest to the ACS. This year the Areas of Special Interest are psychosocial and behavioral research, health policy, health services research, cancer in the poor and medically underserved, and childhood cancer. Only cancer-related projects will be considered.
- All awards are for $40,000 for one year.
CONTACT for questions about preparation and submission of applications: