Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Supporters Board Faculty Development Award in Cancer Research
The Young Supporters Board of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center is soliciting grant applications for the New Faculty Development Award in Cancer Research.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2016
- Eligibility criteria: Junior faculty members (Assistant Professors and Instructors) who have held a faculty position for three years or less and have not received funding from a major national funding agency (except training awards).
- Purpose of award: To provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related project by a junior faculty member to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
- Funding amount: $40,000 for a 12-month period. Two awards
- Electronic applications should be submitted to email@example.com by May 27, 2016.
Click on the links below to download the following:
CONTACT for questions about preparation and submission of applications:
REQUEST FOR LETTERS OF INTENT
Deadline for submission: 5 pm, Monday May 16, 2016.
Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation encourages the development of more effective therapies for patients with leukemia, lymphoma and related cancers. The Foundation funds innovative clinical or basic science research that will lead to novel therapeutic approaches. This year there are two categories of grant submissions, Conventional and Integrative. Each grant is for $225,000 awarded over three years ($75,000 per year).
Please read the attachments and visit the Gabrielle’s Angel website (http://www.gabriellesangels.org/what-we-do/grant-info/#.VyOxSfkrL0M) for a description of each grant category. From each institution, only two candidates at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure track), who have held this position for 5 years or less, will be considered. The UAB nominees will be selected by an internal review committee.
UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Members are invited to submit a two-page letter of intent (LOI) for review by the internal committee. One individual in each category will be selected to submit an application to the Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation.
In the letter of intent please include:
- a proposal title
- a brief description of the research proposed
- the grant category (Conventional or Integrative) that you wish to be considered for
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF LETTERS OF INTENT FOR INTERNAL REVIEW:
Monday, May 16, 2016
The candidates selected to submit full-length applications to the Foundation will be informed within one week of the LOI deadline. The deadline for submission of complete applications to the Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation is August 12.
CONTACT Susan Ruppert for questions regarding this application. Please email your LOI (pdf) to: