Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Applications: Translational Research Initiative Awards
The UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, in conjunction with the UAB NCTN LAPS program, invite innovative research proposals focused on translational investigations of pathways, potential drug targets and biomarkers in human tumor samples. The intent of this RFA is promote new collaborations between basic and clinical investigators, based on the analysis of human biological samples obtained from patients, in support of novel translational research programs in drug discovery, clinically relevant pathway interactions, or biomarkers of therapeutic response.
Awards (5-10) in the amount of $10- 20K each will be made available to support the molecular analysis of patient-derived samples (such as immunohistochemical staining, or proteomic/genomic analyses), obtained through banked tumor samples and/or associated with clinical trials. Preference will be given to collaborations between basic and translational/clinical faculty.
The following should be submitted in a single pdf file to Dr. Susan Ruppert (email@example.com) by 5 PM on June 1, 2015.
Questions regarding budget or assistance with identifying potential collaborators and/or sources of patient samples should be directed to Dr. Michael Bertram (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• A 1-2 page description of the project, including the rationale for the proposed studies, a
description of the patient materials, a description of the collaborating faculty, and the study
objectives. If applicable, a description of an associated clinical trial can be included as an appendix.
• Biosketch (NIH format) of collaborating basic and translational/clinical PIs.
• A brief description of the requested funds. Allowable expenses include reagents, core facility fees (for Ex. RNA-seq, DNA nanostring, laser capture), and supplies. Costs not allowed include: salary support, travel, or equipment.
• Applications are simply extensions of previous or ongoing, extramurally federally funded research will not be considered.
• Awardees will be notified by July 1, 2015.