Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Development Grants
DEADLINE: May 8, 2017
- Applicants must have a current faculty appointment or equivalent position (any rank)
- The purpose of this grant is to provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related project to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant
- Projects in all areas of cancer research will be considered.
- Collaborations between basic and clinical researchers are encouraged.
- There will be four awards of $50,000 for a 12-month period.
For questions about preparation and submission of applications, contact Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359, email@example.com.
The Young Supporters Board of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center is soliciting grant applications for the New Faculty Development Award in Cancer Research.
Application deadline: June 2, 2017
- Eligibility criteria: Junior faculty members (Assistant Professors and Instructors) who have held a faculty position for three years or less and have not received funding from a major national funding agency (except training awards).
- Purpose of award: To provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related project by a junior faculty member to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
- Funding amount: $40,000 for a 12-month period.
- Electronic applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 2, 2017.
For additional information, please contact Susan Ruppert.